Monday, July 28, 2014

Cleansing Favorites | July 2014

Once upon a time, I used a wonderful and effective oil cleanser. The more I learned about animal testing and product ingredients, the less I enjoyed using this cleanser.

After a bit of trial and error -- including a skin-clogging DIY cleansing balm -- I found several cleansers that work for my normal, mature skin. All cleansers listed are natural (some more so than others) and cruelty-free. Please note that skin care is my thing, and it is where I chose to spend my money. I appreciate the economy of DIY skin care, but I am a sucker for products and packaging!
  1. Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil - This is a lovely cleansing oil that is on par with my beloved dirty oil cleanser. It emulsifies with water, so I do not need to fuss with hot cloths and such. Sadly, this contains phenoxyethanol.
  2. Tatcha  Rice Enzyme Powder - What a discovery! Ages ago, I used a similar scrub from the Body Shop, but this is one is available -- and luxe! Sadly, this contains phenoxyethanol.
  3. Yoshimomo Botanique 1-Step Camellia Cleansing Oil - This is a close second to the Tatcha, but I need to add a bit of water at the start for this product to spread well.
  4. Celtic Complexion Coconut Creme Cleanser - The light cream consistency makes this perfect as a stand alone cleanser or as a second cleanser (post-OCM). The consistency is perfect for use with a Clarisonic. This cleanser has a light green-citrus scent.  
  5. Eminence Organic Skin Care Coconut Milk Cleanser - Oh... I cannot say enough about the scent! This is a wonderfully creamy product, and as such, it is a bit heavy for daily use. Like, the previous Eminence cleanser, this is suitable for stand-alone, second cleanse, and/or Clarisonic cleansing.
  6. Eminence Organic Skin Care Blueberry Soy Exfoliating Cleanser - I know skin care is not about yummy scents, but Eminence seems to have made it their business to mix efficacy and aromatherapy. Those who dig scrubs will be disappointed, as the exfoliation comes from fruit acids not scrubby grains. The consistency is creamy, yet, light. It is perfect for normal, mature skin in the warm months. This cleanser is perfect as a stand-alone or second cleanser, and is suitable for use with a Clarisonic.
What are some of your favorite cleansers?




No comments:

Post a Comment