Sunday, August 24, 2014

De-Clutter Weekend

Thanks to Lea Ann, I have been watching Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners. I am neither an obsessive compulsive cleaner, nor am I a hoarder, but this show has inspired me to do a bit of de-cluttering this weekend.

As it stands, our lives are rather streamlined, but there is always room for improvement. I decided to tackle three areas:
  1. skincare
  2. cosmetics
  3. workout clothing
Skincare
Earlier this summer, I committed to using up skincare, and aside from replenishment, I have not purchased new skincare items "just to try". While I plan to use a number of skincare samples during an upcoming business trip, I have too many bottles and such cluttering the skincare shelf in my bathroom cabinet.

Cosmetics
Yes, I culled my cosmetics collection a few months ago. At the time, I was reluctant to let go of a few items, but this weekend, I tossed those items that I had kept out of guilt.

Workout clothing
I tried working out at home, but I enjoy -- and almost require -- the community and motivation that comes from group fitness classes. As such, weeding out the fitness togs was mandatory. I will not sport grotty clothing and see-through sports bras in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment