Thursday, December 4, 2014

Shopping Spree | Thanksgiving 2014 (part 1)

I used to work in retail, so I know the horrors of working Black Friday. My first Black Friday experience was in 2009 -- when opening at 6:00am was sufficient. The following year, we opened an hour earlier.

Because I loathe crowds and waiting in line, I cannot imagine a universe in which I would haul my butt to any retail establishment on Thanksgiving -- or the five days following. However, I did indulge in a bit of online shopping (Black) Friday through (Cyber) Monday.

For the past three months, I have been very strict about:
  1. Using on-hand bath and beauty products (including samples) rather than purchasing new.
  2. Purchasing clothing that: 
    1. is required (undergarments, tights, etc.) 
    2. replaces a worn item
For several months, I used and wore what I had on-hand. I benefitted from a cousin purging her closet, and I made a few carefully-considered purchases -- some of which I returned (shopper's remorse). Thus, I was very selective about my post-Thanksgiving purchases. I bought a few things I needed (replenishment skin care) and a few things I wanted (jewellry).




No comments:

Post a Comment