Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Tidying Up - Papers

I am in for another round of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying-Up, and tonight, I focused on papers. Bank statements, random print-outs, and crafting information... all of it gone. Well, it is not entirely gone, as I refuse to toss sensitive materials. Those must be shredded.

In addition to papers, I purged magazines and CDs. Most likely, I should have tackled both as an extension of books. The magazines were easy enough to purge. Very few brought me joy, and even fewer had been read in recent months. Goodbye!

While I don't have a massive music collection, it's a daunting task. I started in earnest, immediately pulling and listing 10 CDs to sell. After an hour, I needed a new plan.


A Simple Plan
Shred the purged papers within seven days.
Digitize all of my music by the end of the month.
Keep 10-15 of my favorite CDs for listening in the car.
Sell the rest.

This all-in method of de-cluttering is intense, but it yields great results!


3 comments:

  1. Another good video! I'm impressed at the way you've jumped in and continued to let extra belongings go from your home and embracing the idea of living with less. I'm learning from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As you know, I really love this book. It's been an interesting process.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete