Friday, March 20, 2015

Shopping Spree (Spring 2015) - Beauty Items

When I lived in the suburbs, I trolled the mall almost weekly, but now that I live in the city, I need to make an effort (i.e., drive further) to be a mall rat. My desire to reduce my mileage, gasoline consumption, and/or time wasted sitting in construction-induced traffic has had a great impact on my shopping habits. I shop less. 

I had unsubscribed from most retail email lists, which decreased my desire for retail therapy. I follow a few green beauty sites, but I buy only if I need to replenish a beauty staple and/or if the current promotion is of value for me. For example, cream shadows aren't my thing, thus I passed on the RMS Beauty St. Patrick's Day promotion. This shopping spree was replenishment items purchased during with promotions.

R.L. Linden & Co. // customer appreciation promotion -- $18.00
The Bee Charmer Refining Cacao Honey Cleanser + Mask

iHerb // introductory order -- $20.38
Devita, Solar Protective Moisturizer, SPF 30+
Sierra Bees, Organic Lip Balms, Pomegrante, Vanilla & Cocoa Butter, 3 Pack

Jordan Samuel Skin // flash sale -- $50.00 + $8.00 shipping
HydrOasis Face and Eye Serum
Water You Waiting For? Face and Body Mist (free w/ $50 purchase)
NB: Rather than buy product I do not need, I paid for shipping.

Whole Foods // unwanted beauty item trade-in promotion (25% off) -- $28.04
Zuzu Luxe Liquid Eyeliner, Raven
Andalou Naturals All-In-One Beauty Balm Sheer Tint with SPF 30
NB: This is a 3.6-mile walk (round-trip) from my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment